Focus: The Projects Committee is an active group that develops programs and monitors activities in the Canandaigua Lake Watershed.
Duties and Activities:
- Establishes partnerships to further common goals.
- Coordinates with the Watershed Council, municipalities, government officials, and like-minded organizations.
- Represents CLWA at municipal meetings and hearings.
- Evaluates requests for funds and/or support for projects in the Canandaigua Lake Watershed.
- Seeks educational topics and presenters for board meetings.
- Seeks and coordinates scientific support.
Major Projects Include:
- Watercraft Steward Program – Coordination with the Finger Lakes Institute, Canandaigua Lake Watershed Council, NYS Parks, DEC, Sheriff’s Marine Patrol to coordinate program activities, (including scheduling, recruiting, training) and ensure program funding.
- Hemlock Woolly Adelgid Programing – Coordination with the New York State Hemlock Initiative on education and outreach.
- Coordination and support for wetland restoration projects that are co-funded with the Canandaigua Lake Watershed Council (Sucker Brook wetland restoration, Fall Brook, etc).
Partnerships with the Ontario and Yates County Soil and Water Conservation Districts for programs delivered to the agricultural community to promote best practices for soil health and nutrient management.