Focus: The Community Outreach Committee assists both residents and visitors in making decisions and choosing practices which improve the quality of Canandaigua Lake and its watershed, and to foster a sense of community focused on the Canandaigua Lake watershed.
Duties and Activities:
- Organizing and delivering several Viewpoints programs each year at which local experts explain the science behind issues affecting the lake and watershed.
- Representing CLWA at various community outreach events throughout the year, including the Canandaigua Farmers Market.
- Work with Marketing Committee to review and update educational outreach materials.
- Work with the Marketing Committee on community-building campaigns, including the annual photo contest.
- Lead the Lake Friendly Lawn Care Program to encourage lawn and landscape “best practices” among residents. Actively participate with local partners to expand the effort to include businesses, schools, and commercial buildings through the new Lake Friendly Lawn Care Coalition.